How to Prevent Mosquitoes in Your Yard
Mosquitoes are drawn to areas in your backyard or garden where they can breed. In order to breed, mosquitoes need access to a source of stagnant water. To prevent mosquitoes in your yard, then, it’s important to limit the number of potential mosquito breeding grounds. This includes:
- Getting rid of standing water
- Covering spas, pools, and birdbaths
- Installing screens on windows and doors
- Utilizing fans
- Getting professional mosquito inspections
Why Do I Have So Many Mosquitoes in My Backyard?
Certain regions experience more mosquitoes than others. If you live in a region with a humid climate in the summer, you can be sure to experience a flux of mosquito problems. If you live near heavily wooded areas, you may also experience more mosquitoes. In general, mosquitoes will invade your backyard if they find suitable breeding grounds. This is why it’s crucial to eliminate the things that may attract mosquitoes.
Do You Have a Mosquito Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
6 Ways to Keep Mosquitoes Away From Your Yard in North Carolina
The best things you can do to keep mosquitoes away from your yard include:
- Eliminate stagnant water. Get rid of standing water in buckets, flowerpots, birdbaths, tarps, and more. Mosquitoes use standing water to lay their eggs.
- Consider getting fish for ponds and agitating the water. Certain types of fish will feed on mosquito larvae. Alternatively, adding an agitator will stop mosquitoes from laying eggs in the water.
- Place screens on windows and doors. Installing screens on your doors and windows can keep mosquitoes from getting indoors every time you try to get some fresh air.
- Keep a tidy yard. Regularly maintain your garden and lawn to keep the grass short. Also keep plants and bushes trimmed to prevent mosquito resting spots.
- Install fans. Mosquitoes hate wind and are not strong fliers. Use fans to help force them away from your outdoor areas.
- Inspect your yard regularly. Always look for potential mosquito breeding grounds and eliminate them. You may consider hiring your local mosquito control experts for assistance.
How Does Professional Mosquito Treatment Prevent Infestations?
If the aforementioned mosquito prevention tips did not prevent an infestation in your yard, it’s time to call your local mosquito exterminators. The experts at Bug Out will work with you to prevent mosquitoes in your yard with repellents, exclusion efforts, and more.